Hardware Monitor applet 1.1 released
Posted on: 07/10/2004 12:58 PM
Hardware Monitor applet 1.1 has been released
The theme of this version is less clutter and less non-sense. I've made the applet determine the update interval and no. of samples automatically. Hopefully, this will make it easier to use the applet. And harder to get non-sensical setups which tend to produce bug reports that are difficult to deal with. :-)Read more
- The monitored devices now automatically choose an appropriate update interval.
- The frame around the applet has been removed.
- Preferences clean-up.
- The max. measured device value is now saved between sessions, and not decreased during periods of inactivity.
- Nice value is now set to 5 instead of 10.
- Some translation updates.
- Various bugfixes which I've already forgotten about.
- monitor CPU/memory/swap/disk usage, load average, Ethernet/modem/wireless throughput, internal temperatures, internal fan speeds
- multiple views that all support multiple monitors:
- a curve view with smooth lines
- a bar view with wacky horizontal bars
- a column view with ultra-clear vertical blocks
- a text view for those who want extreme precision
- a flame view to impress your friends
- a modular design for future enhancements
- well-behaved GNOME panel applet (no floating gkrellm windows)