GTK+ 2.5.6 released [unstable]
Posted on: 12/03/2004 07:44 AM
GTK+ 2.5.6 is now available for download
This is the 7th development release leading up to GTK+ 2.6.Download
* This is unstable development release. There are certainly
plenty of bugs remaining to be found. This release should
not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.4. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.4.14.
* GTK+ 2.6 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.4.x series; however, the new API additions
in GTK+ 2.5.6 are not yet completely finalized, so there
may be incompatibilities between this release and the final
* GTK+ is in a slush API freeze. There are still a few open
API issues, but it is very likely that most of them will be
punted to 2.8. Remaining API issues for GTK+ 2.6 can be
found with following Bugzilla query:
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
gtk+-2.5.6.tar.gz md5sum: 846c148f8c021e06aeb92e28a96e85f2
gtk+-2.5.6.tar.bz2 md5sum: 38e829970c1629ff19b15cae83f42425