GTK+ 2.5.0 released [unstable]
Posted on: 07/20/2004 09:19 AM
GTK+-2.5.0 is now available for download
This is the first development release loading up to GTK+-2.6. This release contains several new widgets and capabilities, including a new icon view widget, an about dialog, simple rotation support for GdkPixbufs, new cell renderers for combo boxes and progress bars, new stock icons, performance improvments, and bugfixes.Download
* This is unstable development release. There are certainly plenty of bugs remaining to be found. This release should not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing copy of GTK+-2.4. If you have problems, you'll need to reinstall GTK+-2.4.4.
* GTK+-2.6 will be source and binary compatible with the GTK+-2.4.x series; however, the new API additions in GTK+-2.5.0 are not yet finalized, so there are likely incompatibities between this release and the final 2.6 release.
* Remaining API issues for GTK+-2.6 can be found with following bugzilla query:
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
gtk+-2.5.0.tar.gz md5sum: 23330af6df089703b877fb865396fb87
gtk+-2.5.0.tar.bz2 md5sum: 8ff1c22ab56e645a4b657e654132ed7c