Posted on: 03/09/2004 03:35 PM
GTK+-2.3.6 has been released
This release is being made as an extra testing release before GTK+-2.4.0, which was previously scheduled for March 8, but has been delayed one week until March 15. Testing is most appreciated.
Changes in this release include further polishing of GtkFileChooser and GtkComboBox and many bug fixes.
* This is unstable development release. There are certainly plenty of bugs remaining to be found. This release should not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing copy of GTK+-2.2. If you have problems, you'll need to reinstall GTK+-2.2.4.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application suites.
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all pdevelopers, including those developing proprietary software, without any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be found at: http://www.gtk.org/
An installation guide for GTK+-2.2 is found at:http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-building.html
Common questions: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.2/gtk/gtk-question-index.htmlhttp://www.gtk.org/faq/
gtk+-2.3.6.tar.bz2 md5sum: 2bb03af55fd797ec31ab60eafc29ff8a
gtk+-2.3.6.tar.gz md5sum: 1ecf97ce7b45ab8417e33eb004bcb84e
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.3.5 to GTK+ 2.3.6
- Make menu positioning more like GtkOptionMenu [Matthias Clasen]
- Improve keybindings [Matthias]
- Bug fixes [Matthias, Owen, Damon Chaplin]
- Keep child directories in pathbar when changing to a parent
- Reroot pathbar inside home directory, use icons [Jonathan]
- Make the user actually select a file before hitting OK [Federico]
- Fix folder mode to not have tree [Jonathan]
- Add gboolean return values to operations that can fail [Federico]
- Improve internal error handling [Morten Welinder, Federico]
- Bug fixes [Federico, Jonathan, Morten, Anders Carlsson, Damon, Alex Larsson]
* GtkTextView bug fixes [Paolo Borelli]
- Implement/stub missing GDK functions [Tor Lillqvist]
- .defs file updates [Tor, J Ali Harlow]
- Misc fixes [Hans Breuer]
* Fix problem with excess symbol exports on Linux [James Henstridge]
* Fix problem with 32-bit BMPs [Matthias]
* Include config.h first everywhere [Morten]
* Fix performance problem destroying menus [Soeren, Marco Pesenti Gritti]
* Doc fixes and improvements [Matthias, Murray Cumming, Henning Nielsen Lund, Vitaly Tishkov]
* Updated translations (az,cs,cy,da,de,el,en_CA,es,fi,fr,ga,hu,ja,ko,lt,mn,
* Misc bug fixes
Other contributors: Crispin Flowerday, Mark McLoughlin, Michael Meeks, Michael Natterer, Christian Neumair, Padraig O'Briain, Geoff Reedy, Olivier Ripoll