gthumb 2.13.3 is now available for download at:http://download.gnome.org/sources/gthumb/2.13/
This is a the third development release of the 2.13 series leading
to the next major release 2.14.0. As a development release this version
can have many bugs and users are not encouraged to update to this
version if they expect to get the same stability of the 2.12 series.
What is gThumb
gThumb is an image viewer and browser utility for the GNOME environment.
The README file distributed with the tar archive contains a complete
list of features and the instructions to compile the source. The
complete description, screenshots and other info are available at http://live.gnome.org/gthumb
Overview of changes from gThumb 2.13.2 to 2.13.3
New features and user visible changes:
* Added ability to import photos from a folder. This is equivalent to
importing from a removable device, with the difference that the
user can select a folder instead of a device. Useful to reorganize
by date or tag an old set of photos. (#452764)
* Find duplicates: added ability to eliminate all the duplicates at
once leaving only the newest or the oldest one. (#342887)
* Show the current disk free space in the status bar.
* Make the keyboard editing shortcuts work from the file list as well.
When the file list or the image viewer are focused the user can use
the following shortcuts to activate some editing tools:
h: enhance; l: flip; m: mirror; r: rotate right;
r: rotate left; c: crop; s: resize.
* Resize image: added buttons to set to the original image size or the
screen size (#639012)
* Added "copy to" and "move to" commands in the folder list as well.
* F2 renames the folder if the folder tree is focused (#448588)
* Web albums: always use subfolders. removed the relative option from
the dialog (#624334)
* Allow %F (filename) and %C (comment) in Web Album headers and
* Adjust colors: added a preview check button to compare the image
with the original (#566040)
* Save and restore the settings in the change date dialog (#451803)
* Added Ctrl+Q to close all the windows.
* Automatically select the last viewed file on startup if "Go to last
visited folder or catalogue" option is active.
* Ask confirmation before deleting a command/script (#627475)
* Increased the number of preloaded images. preload the next 4 and the
previous 4 images, instead of the next 2 and the previous one.
* Improved insertion of files in catalogs: when using the paste
command the files are inserted after the last selected file;
when using drag&drop the files are inserted in the current position
as when moving files inside a catalog. (#371697)
* Added "gThumb" to the window title (#627159)
* Do not allow the user to create catalogs with a / in the name (#652482)
* Progress dialog: set the task description as dialog title if the
main window is hidden (#628769)
* Web album: simplified code and fixed a memory leak (#644970)
* Fixed crash opening an image from command line (#654241)
* Use the FSF web site instead of the address in gthumb.h (#652027)
* Disabled refresh in viewer mode (#627183)
* Resize tool: reset size to sensible defaults when switching between
% and pixels (#622427)
* EXIF tags listed more than once when disabling and then re-enabling
the EXIF extension (#621454)
* Give the focus to the viewer after changing the image (#595575)
* Image rotation: show the correct progress fraction and current file
name in the progress dialog (#594796)
* Copying or moving a file will copy or move its XMP sidecar as well
* Web albums: fixed hotkeys binding in the main dialog (#575176)
* Contact sheet: fixed some hotkey bindings in the main dialog
* Resize images: bind width and height if size is expressed in
percentage and keep ratio is active (#564827)
* Exclude hidden folders from search result when view->hidden files is
not active (#502524)
* Fixed crash when going fullscreen with no image in the file list
New or updated application translations:
* Español (Daniel Mustieles)
* Estonian (Rene Pärts)
* Hungarian (Gabor Kelemen)
* Norwegian/Bokmaal (Kjartan Maraas)
New or updated manual translations:
* Basque (Iñaki Larrañaga Murgoitio)
* Deutsch (Christian Kirbach)
This program is released under the terms of the GNU General Public
License (GNU GPL) version 2 or greater. You can find a copy of the
license in the file COPYING.
August 22th, 2011