gThumb 2.9.3 development released
Posted on: 02/27/2007 07:22 PM
gThumb is an Image Viewer and Browser.
gThumb 2.9.3 is now available for download at:http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gthumb/2.9/gthumb-2.9.3.tar.gzhttp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gthumb/2.9/gthumb-2.9.3.tar.bz2
gThumb 2.9.3 is mostly a bug-fix release. Several long-standing bugs have been squashed, so upgrading is recommended. Also, audio and video clips are now launched more gracefully using the default external viewer, rather than hard-coding the use of totem.
New Features in 2.9.3
* Play audio clips using default external player
Notable Bug Fixes in 2.9.3
* Workaround for #329072 - gthumb doesn't display PCX image files
* Fix for "image_loader_start" crashes. Bugs 351959, 386674 + dupes.
* Fixed #378546 - Crash after exiting slideshow
* Launch registered video player instead of always launching "totem"
* Use the default gtk+ overwrite confirmation dialog
* Fixed #409799 - destroys file when double-clicking "Save" dialog
Techniques to improve metadata support (exif, iptc, xmp, icc, etc...) are being explored in the new metadata-testing branch. Specifically, the optional use of exiftool is being examined. See bugs 409050 and 408185 if you're interested.
Upgrade and enjoy!