gThumb 2.10.0 stable released
Posted on: 03/24/2007 01:45 PM
gThumb is an Image Viewer and Browser.
gThumb 2.10.0 is now available for download at:http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gthumb/2.10/gthumb-2.10.0.tar.gzhttp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gthumb/2.10/gthumb-2.10.0.tar.bz2
This is a major new release, with new features not available in the 2.8 series. The following is the list of the major new features of the 2.10 series:
* Added support for displaying remote locations.
* Added red-eye removal tool.
* Added a filter bar, to limit displayed images.
* Added thumbnailing and player-launching for videos and audio files.
* Added programmable hotkeys.
* Added the ability to manually specify photo print sizes.
* Added a zoom-to-width mode.
* Added sort by comment and sort by Exif DateTime tag.
* Adds support for multiple auto-detected cameras, or multiple modes for single cameras.
* Enhancements to the crop dialog: added undo/redo support; allow to crop multiple times without exiting the dialog; allow to switch on/off the selection mask; zoom in/out with mouse wheel; zoom keeping the center of the image visible.
* Allows file extension to be changed when bulk-renaming.
* Added "reset Exif orientation tag" tool.
* New re-size options in web exporter to allow equal landscape and portrait image sizes.
2.10.x is the new stable branch of gThumb.
Earlier versions are obsolete.
A new development branch will be opened after the release of 2.10.1.
A 2.10.1 release can be expected "soon", as a number of minor bugs have been identified and squashed since 2.10.0 was released into the wild.
Paolo Bacchilega (main developer)
Michael Chudobiak (me)
Manuel Braga (fixer of tricky bugs)
Jef Driesen (jpeg/exif expert)
Rennie deGraaf (snazzy web album theme)
Upgrade and enjoy!