GStreamer Plugins 0.8.7 released
Posted on: 01/06/2005 04:42 PM
The GStreamer team is happy to announce a new release in the 0.8.x stable series of the GStreamer Plugins.
The 0.8.x series is a stable series aimed at end users. It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.6.x series. It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.6.x series.
This module contains plugins providing media encoding and decoding, conversion, effects, and other elements that provide actual media handling functionality to the core. You need the GStreamer core module to make them work. The versions do not need to match exactly, as long as all of them are in the 0.8.x series.
The FFmpeg-based decoder element has been moved to its own module. If you want support for a lot of popular video formats, you need to install this module along with the GStreamer Core and Plugins. An FFmpeg-based colorspace element has been added to the Plugins however.
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.6.x series
* Translations: af az cs en_GB hu nb nl or sq sr sv uk
* multichannel audio support
* new element: apetag
* new element: ttadec, ttaparse
* new element: directfbvideosink
* vcd fixes
* playbin fixes
* dvdread fixes
* a52dec fixes
* sunaudiosrc fixes
* osssrc fixes
* avidemux fixes
* licensing updates
Bugs fixed in this release
* 147919 : [playbin] broken wav seeking
* 148559 : [monoscope] grinds to a halt
* 149102 : gstreamer license problems
* 149613 : Add proxy server support to the musicbrainz plugin
* 151624 : Multichannel support
* 152339 : [build] gst-plugins cross compiling
* 154773 : [playbin] crashes trying to play short wave files
* 154775 : [qtdemux] Quicktime movie causing some weird debug spew
* 154814 : Selection of totem crashing videos
* 154815 : ffmpegcolorspace leaks caps
* 155348 : Various MP3 files cannot be detected or played
* 155879 : [libriff] Bug in lib-riff
* 156798 : An error occured Could not write to resource
* 157233 : playbin leak fixes
* 158258 : Patch for polypsink to make it work with both threads
* 158382 : [build] debian speex detection patch
* 158650 : [videocrop] video crop is completely buggered
* 158704 : Fix/finish (S)VCD support
* 159215 : Memory leaks in audioscale
* 159296 : Playing benow.mp3 file cause totem to hang on EOS
* 159297 : dark.flac hangs on eos in totem with debug spew
* 159301 : gstreamer.avi broken seeking in totem
* 159338 : alaw/mulaw decoders caps warning
* 159433 : [osssink] doesn't check for supported channels
* 159512 : Progress bar with m4a (aac) broken
* 159651 : [decodebin] totem crash
* 159759 : DVD LCPM asserts
* 159847 : [build] hardcoded path for musepack headers in
* 159864 : avidemux sends GST_EVENT_DISCONTINUOUS
* 159986 : Videorate doesn't handle seek and doesn't reset w...
* 160276 : mpegdemux and dvddemux don't reset themselves in ...
* 160439 : Can't compile gst-plugins without GCONF
* 160514 : seek after EOF for truncated avi files (to non...
* 160532 : [avidemux] avi[cvid+PCM] : no image, sound is noise
* 160808 : 'ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to play' when using
* 160869 : [playbin] ogg file (theora/vorbis) causes segfault
* 161039 : [deinterlace] rowstrides need fixing
* 161538 : [playbin] AVI files with mp3 audio are out-of-sync
* 161624 : [alsasink] crash at end of playing this file
* 161980 : Volume control applet does not set value correctly.
* 162819 : [audioscale] cleanup
* 162913 : [mms] missing NULL terminator to g_object_set() in uri
* 162924 : [playbin] totem assertion failures when playing cd
* API additions
* A new cdparanoia property, device, has been added.
* A new dvdnavsrc property, device, has been added.
* A new dvdreadsrc property, device, has been added.
* A new vcdsrc property, device, has been added.
* API depreciations
* A cdparanoia property, location, has been marked for
* A dvdnavsrc property, location, has been marked for
* A dvdreadsrc property, location, has been marked for
* A vcdsrc property, location, has been marked for
You can find source releases of gst-plugins in the gst-plugins download directory,http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins/
More details can be found on the project's website,http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests.
Developers CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org. You can browse the gst-
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there. Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we will create more lists as necessary.
The GConf settings have moved to a versioned location and can now be found under /system/gstreamer/0.8. GNOME applications should use the gconf library, as provided by gstreamer-gconf-0.8.pc, to access the default settings.
Contributors to this release
* Archana Shah
* Arwed v. Merkatz
* Balamurali Viswanathan
* Benjamin Otte
* Christian Schaller
* Christophe Fergeau
* David Schleef
* Edward Hervey
* Iain Holmes
* James Bowes
* Julien Moutte
* Maciej Katafiasz
* Martin Soto
* Ronald Bultje
* Sebastien Cote
* Stefan Kost
* Stephane Loeuillet
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Tim-Philipp Müller
* Toni Willberg
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali