GParted is the Gnome Partition Editor for creating, reorganizing, and deleting disk partitions.
The GParted team is proud to announce this 0.6.0 release brings support for devices with sector sizes greater than 512 bytes.
For the last three decades, 512 byte sector sizes have been the norm and many tools, including GParted, were hard coded to assume this sector size.
Also included in this release are bug fixes, and language translation updates.
Key changes include:
- Add support for devices with sector sizes > 512 bytes
- Add alignment option to align to MiB
- Set _default_ alignment to align to MiB
When used with libparted versions 2.3 and lower on devices with sector
sizes > 512 bytes:
- hfs/hfs+: used/unused space not detected
- hfs/hfs+: shrink file system not available
Visit GParted -- Welcome
for more details.