Posted on: 04/28/2004 02:10 PM
Gossip 0.7.5 has been released
Gossip is an instant messaging client for GNOME with an easy-to-use interface, providing users of the GNOME Desktop with a friendly way to keep in touch with their friends.Read more
Jabberd 2.0 has been out for a while and fortunately Ross Burton and Sjoerd Simons have now upgraded and found a couple of bugs regarding the registration code in Gossip. Being excellent coders they have sent a couple of patches to fix this, so if you have troubles registering with Gossip against Jabberd 2.0 you should upgrade.
The group chat has received some love to fix some longstanding issues in the nick name completion and possibility to initiate private chats with others in a group chat. The group chat is far from perfect and this is going to be our main focus for 0.8 now that we have decided to not go for client side support of proprietary IM-systems. More on this in a later announcement.
Full list of fixes in 0.7.5:
* SSL support when registering (Ross Burton)
* Registering support for Jabberd 2 (Sjoerd Simons)
* Fixed the nick highlighting code (Micke)
* Re-enabled private chat through group chat (Micke)
* Fixed group chat nick completion code (Micke)
* Fixed crasher bug in logging code (Richard)
* New translations (pt_BR, en_GB, lt)
* Updated translations (cs, nl, da, ca, hr, zh_CN, no, es, cy)