Posted on: 06/19/2007 05:51 PM
goobox 1.9.1 is now available for download at: http://download.gnome.org/sources/goobox/1.9/
This is a development release in a series leading to goobox 2.0. Note that goobox 1.0 has never been released because the 0.9.x development series is based on libraries that are now obsolete.
Goobox is a CD player and ripper for the GNOME desktop environment.
Overview of changes between 0.9.93 and 1.9.1
- New features:
* Ported to GStreamer 0.10 and MusicBrainz 2.1. Removed CDDBSlave
* Moved the extraction options in the preferences dialog.
* Added next/stop actions in the notification window.
* Show the CD cover and other information in the tray icon tooltip.
* Use the xdg MUSIC dir as default destination to extract tracks.
* Allow to change the volume with a single click and a drag action.
* Show the artist column in the track list when the CD is of variuos
* Use a single window for each CD drive.
* Allow to extract the selected tracks from the track list context
* Added a --stop command line option.
* Download the cover from amazon if the asin is available.
- Notable bugfixes:
* More hig compliant menus.
* Use stock icons as much as possible. Update the icons when the icon
theme changes. Install a theme-friendly application icon.
* Do not allow to open more than one preferences dialog.
* Ported to GOption.
* Save the cover at the original size, resize the cover before
* Read the list of available drives only at startup time to not stop
playing the CD when the preferences dialog is opened.
* Fixed extraction of tracks with spacial characters.
* In the ripper dialog show the remaining time only when the forecast
starts to stabilize.
19 June 2007