Posted on: 06/11/2004 06:18 AM
Version 0.11.4 of GOK, the GNOME Onscreen Keyboards Suite, has been released
GOK is designed to allow access to the GNOME desktop and other X applications by people who cannot use a physical keyboard (or mouse), or in situations where a physical keyboard is not present.Download
What's new in 0.11.4 ?
* Allows user to override access method, "scan" action, and "select" actions from command line. See "gok --usage" or "gok --help" for more info.
* Requires at-spi-1.5.2 or better.
* Requires libloginhelper-1.0.
* Implements LoginHelper interface, to let authentication clients know that GOK needs certain services during screen lock or authentication(such as having its main window raised, access to XInput devices, etc.)
* Always register with bonobo-activation (as a LoginHelper).
* Fixed bug in gok_scanner_current_state_uses_corepointer, which means the "core pointer warning" dialog doesn't get posted unnecessarily.
* Adds a new gconf key, /apps/gok/per_user_dictionary, which determines whether each GOK user has a private (writeable) copy of the main GOK word completion dictionary or not.
* Other bug fixes etc. (including #143453, #143295, #142796)