The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.2.5 aka "Do what I mean", the fifth bug fix release in a series of stable releases of the GnuCash Free Accounting Software.
GnuCash 2.2.5 can be downloaded from gnucash.org or sourceforge.net. It is available as source code. For the Microsoft Windows operating system there is a self-installing setup program which includes all necessary additional libraries.
To install GnuCash on other platforms, users will need Gnome 2, guile, and slib. Neither the currently used swig nor the previously used g-wrap packages are needed anymore when compiling from tarball or when installing a binary.
(Source code and Windows binary)
(Source code only)
What's New in GnuCash 2.2.5?
* #166101: Register: Topmost splits' accounts are rewritten confusingly
* #341414: QIF Import: Changing account separator breaks saved account mappings
* #341608: Transaction Report: Filtering void/non-void doesn't work
* #347474: Register: Tab goes to wrong split
* #396665: QIF Import: Detect and convert non-ascii character encoding of QIF files
* #450354: QIF Import, Win32: Can only load files from ascii paths
* #475960: Reconciliation: Postponed balances of liability accounts are not reversed correctly
* #467529: Check Printing: Align_n not working in custom check definitions
* #509089: QIF Import: Duplicates windows shown after Scheme error
* #511182: QIF Import: Saved commodity mappings lost after import to new GnuCash file
* #511231: QIF Import: Use QIF security type to provide better default namespace
* #512208: QIF Import: New commodities remain if import canceled
* #512841: Register: Crash in expression parser on nullary functions, like pmt()
* #514027: QIF Import: Commodities page is skipped if you go back to currency page
* #519988: QIF Import: Error reporting doesn't follow GnuCash guidelines
* #520606: QIF import: Memo mappings for non-split, non-investment transactions are ignored
* #521957: Auto-save not canceled on opening other files
* #522795: QIF Import: Does not support "ShtSell" or "CvrShrt" transactions
* #523194: QIF Import: Existing commodities can cause import failure
* #523922: GnuCash ships the wrong scalable icon and no small sizes
* #527459: QIF Import: Support voided transactions
* #527886: QIF Import: Support QIF numeric formats of 12'345.67 as produced by Quicken 4
* #529232: Average Balance Report: Reversing the starting balance distorts the numbers