GNOME War Pad 0.3.3
Posted on: 10/18/2004 07:14 AM
GNOME War Pad 0.3.3 has been released
A 'VGA Planets' client for the GNOME platform. VGA Planets is a turn-based space strategy game that can be played by 11 players at once. This game is being played since Fidonet times, and have lots of fans that still play on those old DOS clients, it's time for a GNU/Linux one :-)Download (tar.gz)Download (deb)
* Message reader uses colored headers according to the message body. (bad news, good news, etc...)
* Added 'check' unit testing framework to build system with some basic tests.
* New Python plugin architecture added to the environment: it features a plugin manager, a plugins menu, a plugin navigator and two test plugins (ship finder and ship list browser).
* GWP now uses at least autoconf 1.7.
* French translation added.
* German translation updated.
* Spanish translation updated.
* Plugin system can load user plugins from ~/.gwp/plugins/
* Added some functions to gwp Python module for use within plugins.
* A first version of the Visual Combat Recording (VCR) - which can now read the vcrX.dat files and replay the combats visually.
* The plugin manager features an 'event hub' to broadcast all application events to its registered plugins.
* Planets and ships emit an event when selected.
* The game state sybsystem saves the registered plugins list so that the next GWP run those plugins will automatically be initialized for every defined game.
* Game manager was polished: game icon's labels show the turn number of every game, and its application bar shows the number of defined games.
* Started works to migrate to a Model-View-Controller kind of design.
* Online help was updated and expanded to include GWP's new features.