Gnome Subtitles 0.6
Posted on: 07/09/2007 10:07 AM
Gnome Subtitles is a subtitle editor for the GNOME desktop. It supports the most common text-based subtitle formats and allows for subtitle editing, conversion and synchronization.
* About: http://gnome-subtitles.sf.net/about
* Screenshots: http://gnome-subtitles.sf.net/screenshots
* Download: http://gnome-subtitles.sf.net/download
Release notes with screenshots are available at: http://gnome-subtitles.sf.net/
. Its summary follows.
This release brings the long waited support for subtitle translation, allow ing to create new translations and open existing translated subtitles, and well as saving them afterwards in separate files. Searching for text now in cludes the translations too.
Text editing information has also been improved, with the current cursor position being shown in the status bar, accompanied by the current editing mode (Insert or Overwrite). Also on text editing, support for Undo and Redo was greatly improved. While Undo/Redo used to apply to entire text lines before, it now applies to words, allowing to undo a text line incrementally. Moreover, the text that Undo/Redo applies to will be selected, and the cursor position set to where it was before that command.
This release is also the first to be translated to other languages. Many thanks to the following translators, who were the first ones to step in:
* Joan Duran (ca)
* Yumkee Lhamo (dz)
* Jorge Gonz=E1lez, Paulino Padial (es)
* Daniel Nylander (sv)
Other changes include:
* Try the remaining encodings when the first fails, on File Open
* Close the save error dialog immediately when accepting to open another file, so the error message isn't visible behind
* Use a different way of detecting the system data dir, which works on Fre
* Fixed multiple menu underlines and accelerators
* Use an updated version of the character coding auto-detection library
* Fixed a bug related to searching backwards
* Fixed some errors with the documentation
* Translator mode (#387867)
* Write fault on path when using Video (#438947)
* Add an abstract with the role attribute set to "description" (#439274)
* Exception when getting the CurrentFolder in the File Open dialog (#44251
* Exception when getting the Filename in the File Open dialog (#443061)
* Shift limit was 100 frames in the Shift dialog
* Marcin Simonides, Thilo Pfennig
The sources are available at: http://gnome-subtitles.sf.net/download
Packages for distributions will be available ASAP at the same address.