GNOME Power Manager 2.17.2
Posted on: 10/19/2006 09:50 AM
GNOME Power Manager is a session daemon that makes it easy to manage the power consumption on your laptop or desktop system.
This _unstable_ release contains lots of new features and bugfixes since 2.17.1 was released.
Released October 18, 2006
- Fix up the recent configure change to allow g-p-m to build without libnotity (Frederic Peters) #359824
- Add in preliminary support for detecting batteries that might explode.
for more details.
- Fix the hal interface so we automatically connect up the device DeviceCondition and PropertyChanged on HAL restart. #349842
- Remove a potential null-dereference, spotted by Joseph Sacco. #356667
- Replace the hardware info pane with a drop-down of devices. #356804 This saves another 200kb from the daemon process.
- Add initial support for keyboard backlight device - this works with the Apple Macbook Pro. (David Zeuthen) #357994
- Only load the GpmHal* interface gobjects if we have the hardware. This saves another 100k of writable memory on my desktop PC.
- Use the localised general string to describe the battery device in the dropdown. #362690.
- Add XEVENTS functionality. This allows g-p-m to respond to events sent by X, as soon the kernel is going to be outputting INPUT events.
- Fix up a couple of small memory leaks detected by valgrind.
- Fix guniqueapp support for the preferences program (Elijah Newren) and add support in the statistics program.
- Make the auto-sleep functionality disable feature easier to understand.
- gnome-power-statistics now works instead of the "Information" screen that we used before. As it this is out of process we save 300kb for each instance of gnome-power-manager daemon running.
- We can now trivially add new graph types and export them over DBUS.
- The statistics application now includes light/dark coloured symbols with different shapes for colour-blind or partially sighted people.
- gnome-power-statistics now remembers settings between invocations.
- Add a proper tango gpm-statistics tango icon. (Jakub Steiner)
- Add an icon the the statistics program to the "System Tools" menu.
- Kjartan Maraas (nb)
- Hendrik Richter (de)
- Yair Hershkovitz (he)
- Erdal Ronahi (ku)
- Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es)
- Priit Laes (et)
- Ilkka Tuohela (fi)