gnome-games 2.19.3 released
Posted on: 06/05/2007 09:38 AM
This is yet another development release of the 2.19.x development branch of gnome-games. This release announcement includes both gnome-games .19.3 and gnome-games-extra-data 2.19.1.
gnome-games 2.19.3: http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-games/2.19/
- Aisleriot has recieved a mayor overhaul thanks to Christian Persch,
- Port Aisleriot to the Maemo platform. This is the first of the games
which are aviailable on a this handheld platform. Hopefully, the
other games will be ported later.
- GTK+ only port. This will enable a win32 port of Aisleriot, without
the libgnome dependencies.
- Code refactoring.
- New theme format and path of svg images. See the ChangeLog
- Bugfixes as a byproduct of the refactorings: #337080, #386827,
#338466, #329183, #352084, #347448, #438079.
- GStreamer support to all the gnome-games. This means that gnome-games
now requires GStreamer gt;= 0.10. The common sound code is integrated
into libgames-support. The sounds are stored in /sounds in ogg vorbis
format, which will reduce the total size of the gnome-games tarball.
- Use new Tango icons from Daniel Derozier (closes #354507).
- Application icons now in icons/ (closes #359499).
- Resolve a bug where Nibbles no longer allows 1 worm, due to a bug in
the victory conditions check (#439236).
- Catch IOError on explicitly loaded games (Bug #442383).
- Change 2D knights to face left (Bug #434496).
- Add board numbering for 2D mode (Bug #392286).
- Speed up 2D rotating.
- Don't animate rotation on startup or when changing between 2/3D.
- Add new AI based on Monte Carlo simulation (#401880).
- Track the roll count to display a meaningful label at game end
This is a development release which is synchronized with the 2.19.3 version of gnome-games. It is updated with themes which are compatible with the new version of Aisleriot. Packagers should note the new card theme path, which is documented in the changelog.