GNOME Commander 1.2.6 released
Posted on: 06/02/2008 10:14 AM
GNOME Commander 1.2.6 has been released
The GNOME Commander team proudly announces the next, brand new stable release of GNOME Commander: 1.2.6.
What's new since 1.2.5:
* Fixed problem #392959 (dynamically changing user to root)
* Fixed problem #496150 (scrolling with mouse wheel)
* Fixed problem #499761 (search window cleared when column sorted)
* Fixed problem #499764 (multiple selection problem)
* Fixed problem with sorting of UTF-8 encoded file names
* Fixed problem with copying files to symlinked directories
* Fixed problem with full file path while copying/moving to mounted devices
* Root Mode for starting GNOME Commander with administrator privileges
* GUI for keyboard shortcuts management
* Open the current location in Nautilus file manager
* Multi-Rename-Tool - new $x and $X placeholders for random hexadecimal numbers
* Revamped search dialog
* Support for lt;supergt;, lt;hypergt; and lt;metagt; modifiers (since GTK+ 2.10)
* Updated help docs
* New or updated translations: cs, de, en_GB, es, eu, fi, fr, hu, it,
oc, pl, sl
* New key bindings:
SUPER+F Search files
What is it?
GNOME Commander is a fast and powerful graphical file manager, it has a "two-pane" interface in the tradition of Norton and Midnight Commander.
* FTP support.
* SAMBA access.
* Right click mouse menu.
* User defined context menu.
* User defined keyboard shortcuts.
* Quick device access buttons with automatic mounting and unmounting.
* Latest accessed folders history.
* Folder bookmarks.
* Python scripting.
* Plugin support.
* Meta data support for Exif, IPTC, ID3, Vorbis, FLAC, APE, OLE2 and
* Fast file viewer for text and images.
* Tools for advanced renaming of files, searching, quick file name search in current dir, symlinking, comparing directories.
* Integrated command line.
* Support for over 35 languages.GNOME Commander 1.2.6 released