GNOME Commander 1.2.1 released
Posted on: 10/17/2006 11:32 AM
The GNOME Commander team is proud to announce the stable release of GNOME Commander: 1.2.1.
What's new since 1.2.0:
* Fixed problem with scrollkeeper database update
* Fix for crash when cmd dir indicator is empty
* Fixed problem with refreshing after chown or chmod
* Fixed problem #333898 (deprecated icon suffix in desktop file)
* Fixed problem #347561 (plugin directory set incorrectly)
* Fixed problem #347817 (incorrect use of Makefile linker flags)
* Support for archives (gz,bz2,zip,lha,rar,jar,7-zip,zoo,deb,rpm) via FileRoller plugin
* New python-like indices for advanced file rename templates
* Support for Exif and IPTC metags in advanced file rename templates
* Fast access to advrename template placeholders
* In-place rename (SHIFT+F6)
* Revamped application menus
* Saving window state across sessions
* "Find" feature for internal viewer
* New icon for internal viewer
* Updated help docs
* New or updated translations: ca, cs, de, el, en_GB, es, eu, fi, hu, it, ne, ru, sv, vi
* New key bindings:
CTRL+SHIFT+H Toggle hidden files on/off
What is it?
GNOME Commander is a fast and powerful graphical file manager, it has a "two-pane" interface in the tradition of Norton and Midnight Commander.
* FTP support.
* SAMBA access.
* Right click mouse menu.
* User defined context menu.
* Quick device access buttons with automatic mounting and
* Latest accessed folder history.
* Folder bookmarks.
* Plugin support.
* Image meta data support (Exif and IPTC).
* Fast file viewer for text, images and
* Tools for advanced renaming of files, searching, quick file name
search in current dir, symlinking, comparing directories.
* Integrated command line.
Where can I get it ?