GLib 2.7.2 released
Posted on: 07/09/2005 07:36 AM
GLib 2.7.2 is now available for download at: ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.7/
glib-2.7.2.tar.bz2 md5sum: df221afd5f475ba99f2afc1320f7693e
glib-2.7.2.tar.gz md5sum: 1554be4c910e3f5d1357c7bf93748525
This is the second development release leading up to GLib 2.8.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had
a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs
remaining to be found. This release should not be used
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GLib 2.6. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GLib 2.6.5.
* GLib 2.8 will be source and binary compatible with
the GLib 2.6.x series. The new API additions in GLib
2.7.x are finalized at this point, and GLib 2.7.x
should be considered API frozen. Unless serious issues
with the new APIs come up, there will be no API
changes between this release and the 2.8.0 release.
* Remaining issues for GLib 2.8 can be found with the
following bugzilla query:http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=glibtarget_milestone=2.8
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects
such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C,
portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as
an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at: http://www.gtk.org/
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can
be found at: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.7.1 to GLib 2.7.2
* Win32 build fixes [Hans Breuer]
* Bug fixes [Mikael Magnusson]
* Documentation improvements [Matthias Clasen]
* New and updated translations (en_CA,es,et,ja,sr,sr@Latn,zh_TW)
A list of all bugs fixed in this release can be found athttp://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_id=309263,309725
July 8, 2005