GLib 2.7.1 released
Posted on: 07/01/2005 06:36 AM
GLib 2.7.1 is now available for download at: ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.7/
glib-2.7.1.tar.bz2 md5sum: f6a6f4acd56b98e9372e5326e2657c10
glib-2.7.1.tar.gz md5sum: 739c01270ca2395db62e76751fc6fc84
This is the second development release leading up to GLib-2.8.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs remaining to be found. This release should not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing copy of GLib 2.6. If you have problems, you'll need to reinstall GLib 2.6.5.
* GLib 2.8 will be source and binary compatible with the GLib 2.6.x series; however, the new API additions in GLib 2.7.0 are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibities between this release and the final 2.8 release.
* Remaining issues for GLib 2.8 can be found with the following bugzilla query:http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=glibtarget_milestone=2.8
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C, portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at: http://www.gtk.org/
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can be found at: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.7.0 to GLib 2.7.1
- Allow callback arguments without parameters [Dan Winship]
* GMappedFile: an mmap wrapper [David Schleef, Behdad Esfahbod]
* Misc new functions:
- g_get_host_name [Tor Lillqvist]
- g_mkdir_with_parents [Tor]
- g_build_pathv, g_build_filenamev [Todd A. Fisher,
* Bug fixes [Roger Leigh, Masatake YAMATO, Kjartan Maraas,
Manish Singh, Tor, Murray Cumming, Kian Duffy, Morten Welinder]
* Documentation improvements [Hong Gang XU, Dan Winship, Matthias]
* New and updated translations (bg,cs,da,en_CA,es,et,nb,nl,no,
A list of all bugs fixed in this release can be found athttp://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_id=302632,5200,60509,308528,308602,149092,308546,148218,308295,309157,307064
June 30, 2005