GLib 2.5.2 released (unstable)
Posted on: 08/25/2004 05:07 AM
GLib-2.5.2 is now available for download
This is the third development release loading up to GLib-2.6. This release contains a number of bug and portability fixes and some new API. Read more Installation guideDownload
* This is unstable development release. While it has had fairly extensive testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs remaining to be found. This release should not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing copy of GLib-2.4. If you have problems, you'll need to reinstall GLib-2.4.7.
* GLib-2.6 will be source and binary compatible with the GLib-2.4.x series; however, the new API additions in GLib-2.5.0 are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibities between this release and the final 2.6 release.
* Remaining API issues for GLib-2.6 can be found with following bugzilla query:
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C, portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
glib-2.5.2.tar.bz2 md5sum: 8de833b81238a0b4354970f1248a9e25
glib-2.5.2.tar.gz md5sum: 06fee4a17875def5738118f5070b5476