Posted on: 03/09/2004 02:21 PM
GLib-2.3.6 is now available for download
This release is being made as an extra testing release before GLib-2.4.0, which was previously scheduled for March 15, but has been delayed one week until March 15. Testing is most appreciated.
Changes since 2.3.5 consist mostly of bug fixes.
* This is an unstable development release. While it has had fairly extensive testing, there are likely bugs remaining to be found. This release should not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing copy of GLib-2.2. If you have problems, you'll need to reinstall GLib-2.2.4.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C, portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
Download is available at:ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.3/
glib-2.3.6.tar.bz2 md5sum: f2073a9b9e6452414f11822ac3d97be7
glib-2.3.6.tar.gz md5sum: 7834348c09a74c5649d76222e7f0ab62
More information about GLib is available at:http://www.gtk.org/
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can be found at:http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.3.5 to GLib 2.3.6
* GAtomic bug fixes [Sebastian Wilhelmi, Mark McLoughlin]
* GMain threading fixes and improvements [Sebastian]
* Win32 [Tor Lillqvist]
- restore some symbols extraneously exported from gobject to maintain ABI compatibility
- Misc build improvements and fixes [Tor, Cedric Gustin, Hans Breuer]
* Documentation updates [Sebastian, Takeshi AIHANA, Matthias, Sven Herzberg]
* New and updated translations (be,es,fi,ga,pa,sr@ije,zh_CN)
8 March 2003