GLib 2.13.1 released
Posted on: 05/03/2007 07:36 AM
GLib 2.13.1 is now available for download at: ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/2.13/ http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/glib/2.13/
glib-2.13.1.tar.bz2 md5sum: 9317b839a998d99b53ce6ba2a6cdd8b3
glib-2.13.1.tar.gz md5sum: 656b7b1d1fda7bed4f5392f446ff76ef
This is the second development release leading up to GLib 2.14.
* This is unstable development release. While it has had a bit of testing, there are certainly plenty of bugs remaining to be found. This release should not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing copy of GLib 2.12. If you have problems, you'll need to reinstall GLib 2.12.
* GLib 2.14 will be source and binary compatible with the GLib 2.12 series; however, the new API additions in GLib 2.13.1 are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibilities between this release and the final 2.14 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
GLib is the low-level core library that forms the basis for projects such as GTK+ and GNOME. It provides data structure handling for C, portability wrappers, and interfaces for such runtime functionality as an event loop, threads, dynamic loading, and an object system.
More information about GLib is available at: http://www.gtk.org/
An installation guide for the GTK+ libraries, including GLib, can be found at: http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-building.html
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.13.0 to GLib 2.13.1
- Portability fixes
- Split into immutable GRegex and GMatchInfo
- Add g_regex_get_max_backref() and g_regex_get_capture_count()
to obtain information about the compiled regex
- Fix roundtrip problems
- Add g_key_file_load_from_dirs()
* Unicode support:
- Fix corner cases in case conversion routines
- Add a function to get the formatted help string
- Add new functions g_hash_table_get_keys() and
g_hash_table_get_values() to retrieve the keys and
values in list form
* Updated transations:
Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)
Thanks to all the people who have contributed to
William Jon McCann
May 3, 2007