Gimmie 0.2.4 released
Posted on: 03/01/2007 11:32 PM
This is to announce the Gimmie version 0.2.4 release. Gimmie is a unique desktop organizer designed to allow easy interaction with all the applications, contacts, documents and other resources you use every day. Gimmie can be run as a stand-alone application or as a GNOME Panel-applet.
To see some pictures of Gimmie in action, check out the Developer Resource Page located at: http://beatnik.infogami.com/Gimmie.
Version 0.2.4 sees the greatest progress so far in a single release. Including the addition of a preferences dialog to allow customization of commonly requested settings; a recent history usage graph; Mozilla downloaded file monitoring; and many bug fixes and stability improvements.
Other improvements in Version 0.2.4 include:
* Add applet preferences dialog (Johannes Schmid)
* Make all file operations async
* Discover files downloaded with Mozilla
* Fiddle with topic names
* Add Suspend to shutdown dialog (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Add history graph for Recently Used
* Fix grabbing for toolbar submenus
* Hint bug-buddy to file bugs in GNOME Bugzilla
* Better support openSUSE (James Ogley)
* Support newest dbus-python
* Hordes of other bug fixes
You can download it here: http://www.beatniksoftware.com/gimmie/releases/gimmie-0.2.4.tar.gz
If you're interested in steering the future of this young project, sign up for the Gimmie discussion list by visiting http://lists.beatniksoftware.com/listinfo.cgi/gimmie-list-beatniksoftware.com.
There has been an overwhelming amount of user interest in the last few weeks. Let's keep that momentum rolling!