Posted on: 08/24/2004 12:20 PM
A new development release of GFC-Core is available
The GTK+ Foundation Classes (formerly Inti) is an set of integrated C++ classes for developing GTK+ applications on UNIX-like systems such as Linux. GFC-Core is the core object and utility library that other GFC libraries such as GFC-UI are built on. GFC-Core includes a C++ wrapper for the GLib object system and utiliy libraries, a standard string compatible UTF-8 string class, automatic memory management, an optimized virtual signal handler system and a typesafe system of C++ signal and slots. There are several example programs and a reference manual.Download
GLib 2.4.0 or higher.
libsigc++ 2.0.0 or higher
Enhancements from Inti 1.2 to GFC-Core 2.3.1
- New Signal System optimized for size, speed and performance.
- Uses the new libsigc2 C++ callback library.
- Wrapped C objects passed to slot functions connected via class proxy signals.
- GFC objects can now be created dynamically or on the stack. Objects created on the stack no longer need to be unreferenced by calling unref().
- All functions taking a String argument have been overloaded with const char* to avoid construction of a temporary String object when passing string literals.
- Removed unnecessary GObject properties from classes that provide getter and setter functions.
- Added G::Module, a C++ wrapper for GModule.
- Changed C++ header file extension from .h to .hh to avoid confusion with C header files.
- Examples and documentation updated.