GDM2 184.108.40.206 (stable), the "The Relentless Variation" release
Posted on: 08/22/2005 06:36 AM
The 220.127.116.11 release of GDM2 is a minor release with a few enhancements and bug fixes.
- The GDM website has moved to a new location http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/,
and the GDM mail alias has moved from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com. README, and GDM docs updated with the new information and corrected broken link to the GDM Theme section at http://art.gnome.org/
- Installation location of gdmphotosetup.desktop has moved from the deprecated /usr/share/gnome/capplets to /usr/share/applications (Mark McLoughlin/Brian Cameron)
- Honor default session when logging in via autologin. (Hans Petter Jansson).
- Removed spaces in locale name since it caused GDM to discard the locales. (Frederic Crozat)
- Added missing tooltips (Rodrigo Moya)
- Corrected reading of configuration file in gdmflexiserver so it works. Fixes corrupted Session selection dialog presented to user. (Brian Cameron)
- Correct use-after-free with the dynamic session in the sessions list, corrects tooltip corruption. (Joe Marcus Clarke)
- Translation Improvements: Laurent Dhima, Raphael Higino, Rhys Jones, Gabor Kelemen, Priit Laes, Kjartan Maraas, Kostas Papadimas, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, Francisco Javier F. Serrador, Alexander Shopov, Terance Sola, Marcel Telka, Mugurel Tudor, Funda Wang
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;firstname.lastname@example.org;, and has at times been maintained by the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though, so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz