GDM2 188.8.131.52 (stable), the "Long Live the Queen" release
Posted on: 07/01/2005 04:09 AM
The 184.108.40.206 release of GDM2 is a minor release, fixing a few issues discovered with the 220.127.116.11 release.
- This release fixes a nasty bug which was causing the
/etc/gdm/Xsession file to always use /bin/ksh. This
caused problems on Linux, where it should be /bin/sh.
It now is only /bin/ksh on Solaris builds. (Brian
- seteuid/setegid logic in the GDM slave logic has been
made more sane. This was causing problems running GDM2
on NetBSD (refer to bug #301821). (Julio M. Merino Vidal)
- Correct "Delete Theme" button sensitivity in gdmsetup.
- Minor correction to Solaris audit logic. (Gary Winiger)
- Updated autogen.sh so it now works with automake gt; 1.4.
- No longer use C99 features that do not work with gcc 2.95,
specifically do not declare variables except at the
beginning of a block. (Jens Granseuer)
- Corrected configure script so it works with pkgconfig
0.17.2. The new pkgconfig broke the build on Solaris
since it no longer allows the linker to pull in libraries
that are implicitely included. Now all libraries are
- References to libgnome removed from vicious-extensions,
so it no longer depends on libgnome. It now depends
directly on i18n libraries. (Andrew Case)
- The gesture listeners now log debug messages to syslog
instead of stdout, and debug can now be turned on by
setting the GDM_DEBUG_GESTURES environment variable
rather than needing to recompile with debug. This makes
it much easier to debug issues. (Brian Cameron)
- Leaks fixed (Kjartan Maraas)
- Corrections to docs (Andrew Case, Martin Petersen)
- Translation Improvements (Kjartan Maraas, Miloslav Trmac,
Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, Vincent van Adrighem, Francisco
Javier F. Serrador, Gabor Kelemen, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan,
Martin Willemoes Hansen, Priit Laes, Adam Awinberger,
Clytie Siddall, Abel Cheung).
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;firstname.lastname@example.org;, and has for a while now been maintained by the Queen of England. She is usually not responsive to bug reports or feature requests. You can try to send them to me however.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though, so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz