GDM2 18.104.22.168 (stable)
Posted on: 08/09/2005 04:37 AM
The 22.214.171.124 release of GDM2 is a minor release with a few enhancements and bug fixes.
No interface changes cause any backwards incompatibility.
- GDM now supports more dynamic configuration. The
gdm daemon supports the --config option which allows
an alternative configuration file to be supported.
The --with-configdir configure option may also be
used to specify a system-wide configuration location
so the gdm.conf file can be located on a mounted
directory. To support machine-specific configuration,
an existing %sysconfdir/gdm configuration file will
override a system-wide configuration file. Refer
to the GDM documentation for more information.
- New configuration option AlwaysLoginCurrentSession
which will automatically switch the user to their
previous session without asking. This feature is
turned off by default. (William Jon McCann)
- Now Use24Clock setting support "auto" which will
use the system default for date/time formatting.
- Better backwards compatibility support for Welcome
and RemoteWelcome. If using an old gdm.conf (older
than 126.96.36.199) file it will not have settings for
DefaultWelcome and/or DefaultRemoteWelcome, GDM will
now continue to work as it did before 188.8.131.52.
- Usability improvements to gdmsetup. "Face Browser"
tab renamed to "User". Now tabs no longer have
mnemonics, since this violates HIG. Fixed broken
sensitivity on the "Users" tab. Improved labels.
(Brian Cameron/Calum Benson)
- Support HIG style button layout in gdmlogin.
(William Jon McCann)
- Use GTK+ themed icon stock_person before falling
back to the DefaultFace. (William Jon McCann)
- Usability improvements to the face browser when using
gdmgreeter, now the background behind the userlist
translucent. (William Jon McCann)
- Usability improvements to gdmphotosetup, and now
better follows HIG. (William Jon McCann)
- New selection of face browser images. (William
- No longer stat or read face images from remote home
directories. (William Jon McCann)
- New gdmflexiserver command "GET_CONFIG_FILE" which
will return the location of the configuration file
being used by the daemon. (Brian Cameron)
- Now gdmflexiserver command "GET_CONFIG" works.
Previously it only returned a value if the value
was set in the gdm.conf file. Now it returns
compiled-in default values if gdm.conf has no
setting. (Brian Cameron)
- Support DragonFly VT. (Joerg Sonnenberger)
- GDM configure script now Supports TCP Wrappers on Solaris.
- Many string/grammar improvements. (Tommi Vainikainen,
- Better C89 compiler support. (Jens Granseuer)
- Translation Improvements: Hendrik Brandt, Nikos Charonitakis,
Pawan Chitrakar, Laurent Dhima, Raphael Higino, Theppitak
Karoonboonyanan, Gabor Kelemen, Priit Laes, Chao-Hsiung Liao,
Kjartan Maraas, William Jon McCann, Ankit Patel, Hendrik Richter,
Francisco Javier F. Serrador, Alexander Shopov, Clytie Siddall,
Terance Sola, Marcel Telka, Miloslav Trmac, Tommi Vainikainen,
Funda Wang, Adam Weinberger, \\305\\275ygimantas Beru\\304\\215ka
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;email@example.com;, and
has at times been maintained by the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites
most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups
with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz