GDM2 2.19.3 (unstable), the "Revisiting Xian" Release
Posted on: 06/18/2007 11:34 AM
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.19.3 release is an unstable release of the GNOME Display Manager (GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Ensure non-null size is set by default for pango font description (Frederic Crozat)
- Now set WINDOWPATH so that AT programs such as braille displays can work better with Xnest and sessions started via VT. (Samuel Thibault)
- Now support VT on Solaris where available (Brian Cameron)
- No longer call logindevperm logic when logging into XNEST sessions since we do not want to change device permissions on Solaris for XNEST sessions, only for the real console session.
- Doc and string improvements. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Pema Geyleg, Priit Laes, Alexander
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;firstname.lastname@example.org;. Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron now currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.18/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.19/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org
in the "gdm" category.