GDM2 2.18.0 (stable), the "Configuration Upgradation" Release
Posted on: 03/12/2007 02:01 PM
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links at the bottom of this announcement.
There has been a good deal of work improving GDM in the 2.17 cycle. Check the module NEWS for more details. Highlights include:
- gdmsetup has been enhanced to support many more configuration options, making it easier to configure GDM via the GUI. (Lukasz Zalewski)
- New GDM socket commands (FLEXI_XNEST_USER and FLEXI_XSERVER_USER) to make it easier for programs like xscreensaver and the Fast User applet integrate with GDM.
- Support for Console Kit (William Jon McCann)
- Improvements to PAM so it works more generically and has fewer hacks (Ludwig Nussel)
- GDM dialogs now work with accessibility.
- Support for Combo Style lists for session/language selection.
The 2.18.0 release is a stable release of GDM with the following new features.
- Fix gdmchooser so the Cancel button works. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix desktop files so they include "GNOME" and "GTK" and remove "Application". Fixes bug #417350. Now gdmsetup uses the full path in Exec, not just TryExec, so that if gdmsetup isn't in the user's PATH it will still work. (Brian Cameron)
- Update of ConsoleKit parameter names. Fixes enhancement request #415181. (William Jon McCann)
- Fixed a few memory leaks. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Djihed Afifi, Josep Puigdemont i Casamaj\\303\\263, Maxim Dziumanenko, Artur Flinta, Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle, Leonid Kanter, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan, Gabor Kelemen, David Lodge, Gintautas Miliauskas, Duarte Loreto, Daniel Nylander, Ankit Patel, Ani Peter, Thierry Randrianiriana, St\\303\\251phane Raimbault, Hendrik Richter, Erdal Ronahi, Changwoo Ryu, Alexander Shopov, Ilkka Tuohela, Funda Wang)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;firstname.lastname@example.org;. Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron now currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.18/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/