GDM2 2.17.7 (unstable), the "Dharma" Release
Posted on: 02/12/2007 12:31 PM
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.17.7 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following
- New sockets command FLEXI_XNEST_USER and FLEXI_XSERVER_USER. This is used to start login procedure by programs like gnome-screensaver and the Fast User Switch applet. (Matthias Clasen)
- Improvements to PAM logic so that it works more generically with PAM modules. (Ludwig Nussel)
- Better fix for not showing the face browser if the userlist is empty. This avoids a needless selection "changed" signal from getting generated. (Ludwig Nussel)
- Fix so ConsoleKit logic does not use dbus-glib bindings to using the lower level API instead. Fixes bug #400793.
- Fixes for compiler warnings and for c99 compile issues. (Ludwig Nussel and Jens Granseuer)
- Avoid catching sigchld when trying to call XOpenDisplay. This corrects an issue where GDM catches a second SIGCHLD when trying to restart. This causes the slave to freeze even though the Xserver and the session are killed, causing the display to no longer manage. (Roberto Tam)
- Improvements to PAM documentation in GDM docs. (Brian Cameron and Gary Winiger)
- Translation updates (Djihed Afifi, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan, Priit Laes, David Lodge, Duarte Loreto, Daniel Nylander, St\\303\\251phane Raimbault, Hendrik Richter, Alexander Shopov)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;email@example.com;. Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.16/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/