GDM2 2.17.0 (unstable), the "Reach For The Stars" Release
Posted on: 10/17/2006 10:42 AM
The 2.17.0 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following new features.
- Now when GDM_ADD_MODULES is set, GDM will launch at-spi-registryd. (Ariel Rios)
- New SupportAutomount option which, when turned on, changes the way that GDM accesses the user's $HOME/.dmrc file so that automounted $HOME directories can be configured to work even when the automounter is not started with the --ghost option. (Jerzy Borkowski)
- Fix so that if timed login script returns an invalid user, timed login is not turned on. Fix for bug #340148. (Andrew - firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fix for bug #352838, avoid crashing by moving call to get GDM_KEY_SYSTEM_MENU until after authentication check. (Frederic Crozat)
- Use g_markup_printf_escaped so gdmsetup better handles description strings that contains things similar to a tag like an email address. Fixes bug #357998. (Matthias Clasen)
- Fix gdmsetup so that the window manager close button works as the Close button in the dialog. (Matthias Clasen)
- Add g_type_init() to gdmflexiserver since this is needed for -a (authentication) code to work. (Brian Cameron)
- Set authdir to NULL after freeing to avoid accessing an invalid pointer. Fix for bug #359831. (Amnon Aaronsohn)
- Memory leaks fixed. (Kjartan Maraas)
- Translation updates (Abel Cheung, Yair Hershkovitz, Raphael Higino, Priit Laes, \\303\\205smund Skj\\303\\246veland, Ivar Smolin)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;email@example.com;. Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.16/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though, so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz