GDM2 2.16.3 (stable), the "Bit Late" Release
Posted on: 11/23/2006 11:50 AM
The 2.16.3 release is a stable release of GDM with the following new features:
- Now support altfile[n] propery to cater for alternative image file definition. (Erwann Chenede)
- Fix custom lists so that focus does not ever leave the username/password entry field. (Brian Cameron)
- Update to make casting more clear in PAM logic. This fixes a bug where the Kerberos PAM module was sending multiple error messages and GDM was not processing them properly. (Brian Cameron)
- Add X_EXTRA_LIBS and X_LIBS to utils/Makefile when building gdm-dmx-reconnect-proxy to fix bug #368808. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Djihed Afifi, Wouter Bolsterlee, Luca Ferretti, Pema Geyleg, Priit Laes, Duarte Loreto, Christophe Merlet, Jovan Naumovski, Daniel Nylander, Ankit Patel, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, Satoru SATOH, Francisco Javier F. Serrador, Alexander Shopov, Ilkka Tuohela)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;email@example.com;. Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.16/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though, so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz