GDM2 2.16.1 (stable), the "Hyde Park" Release
Posted on: 10/03/2006 11:14 AM
The 2.16.1 release is a stable release of GDM with the following new features:
- Use g_markup_printf_escaped so gdmsetup better handles description strings that contains things similar to a tag like an email address. Fixes bug #357998. (Matthias Clasen)
- Fix gdmsetup so that the window manager close button works as the Close button in the dialog (Matthias Clasen)
- Fix for bug #352838, avoid crashing by moving call to get GDM_KEY_SYSTEM_MENU until after authentication check. (Frederic Crozat)
- Add g_type_init() to gdmflexiserver since this is needed for -a (authentication) code to work.
- Translation updates (Rahul Bhalerao, Runa Bhattacharjee, Alessio Frusciante, Priit Laes, David Lodge, \\303\\205smund Skj\\303\\246veland)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;firstname.lastname@example.org;. Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.16/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though, so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz