GDM2 2.15.9 (unstable), the "Omega" Release
Posted on: 08/08/2006 07:10 AM
GDM2 2.15.9 (unstable) has been released
The 2.15.9 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following new features.GDM2 2.15.9 (unstable), the "Omega" Release
- The iochannel fix in 2.15.8 broke the face browser when using gdmgreeter. Now fixed. (Ray Strode)
- Fix so that focus never leaves the user/password entry when using the gdmgreeter Options button. The previous fixes for this didn't take into account the situation where the user pops up the menu, but doesn't select an option. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix error message that gets printed when you try to run GDM daemon as a non-root user. (Brian Cameron)
- The configure script now supports the Xserver installed in /usr/bin/Xorg. (Ray Strode)
- Remove calls to syslog/malloc that are called from inside signal handlers, since they are not safe. (Ray Strode)
- Improved commands in GDM configuration files. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Subhransu Behera, Rahul Bhalerao, Inaki Larranaga, Jovan Naumovski, Ankit Patel, Ani Peter)
Note that this also contains an important security fix that was originally released in 2.15.4, so please make sure to update if using an older version than 2.15.4.
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen lt;email@example.com;. Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will however save backups with the .orig extension first.