gcalctool v5.6.14 [stable]
Posted on: 05/18/2005 09:24 AM
gcalctool v5.6.14 has been released
Gcalctool is the default GNOME desktop calculator.
It has Basic, Advanced, Financial and Scientific modes. Internally it uses multiple precision arithmetic to produce results to a high degree of accuracy.
This release will be for the GNOME 2.11 release train when that schedule is announced.
Note that in order to build, gcalctool now requires Gtk+ v2.6.1 (or later).
Changes since the last gcalctool version (5.5.42). Read in reverse order.
* Fixed bug #304056. Adjusted the keyboard shortcuts for the Xor and x^y
operations. New values are:
Xor - 'x'
x^y - '^'
* Fixed bug #302555. Various gcalctool variables have now been const'ified.
* Fixed bug #300957. Replaced the underscore character in
"translator_credits" with a hyphen, to prevent some
translation tools from being confused.
* More work on bug #172704.
- Adjusted the code to not try to display a menu when the user
entered a left parentheses (another do_pending() type of operation).
- Toggling the "Show Trailing Zeroes" operation via keyboard
shortcuts, needed to clear the v-.pending flag.
* Fixed up some problems reported by lint.
* Fixed bugs #172704 and #172869. When the user now uses the keyboard shortcut
for any of the gcalctool buttons that have a menu associated with them, that
menu is now displayed. The user can use the arrow keys to select a menu item
or the menu items shortcut.
* Fixed bug #171393. Allow stock labels to show through.
* Refixed bug #158280. The Help-gt;Contents menu item no longer appears if
gcalctool is built Gtk-only.
* Fixed bug #172798. gtk_set_locale was already being run by gtk_init()
and the gtk about popup didn't have the gcalctool icon.
* Fixed Sun internal CR #6214176. If gcalctool is being driven by gok,
the on-screen keyboard assistive technology, it's possible that the
event returned by gtk_get_current_event() is NULL. If this is the
case, we need to fudge the popping up on the menu associated with
this menu button.
* Fixed bug #158280. You can now build gcalctool without the GNOME
libraries by specifying "--disable-gnome" on the configure command
* Fixed bug #167479. gcalctool will set the View-gt;Memory Registers menu
item inactive if the calculator is in Basic mode.
* Fixed bug #168694. gcalctool now saves/restores the ten memory
register values as gconf resources.
* Removed the redundant process_str() routine in graphics.c
* Fixed bug #169196. gcalctool now uses use g_get_home_dir().
* Added in a better implementation of the trig_filter() routine in
* Translations (thankyou!):
Abel Cheung - zh_TW.po: Updated traditional Chinese translation from
GNOME HK Team
Adam Weinberger - en_CA.po: Updated Canadian English translation.
Adi Attar - xh.po: Added and updated Xhosa translation.
Baris Cicek - tr.po: Updated Turkish Translation by Burcin Donmez
Francisco Javier F. Serrador - es.po: Updated Spanish translation.
Frank Arnold - de.po: Updated German translation.
Gareth Owen - en_GB.po: Updated British English translation.
Josep Puigdemont - ca.po: Updated Catalan translation.
Kostas Papadimas - el.po Updated Greek Translation
Marcel Telka - sk.po: Updated Slovak translation.
Miloslav Trmac - cs.po: Updated Czech translation.
Priit Laes - et.po: Translation updated by Ivar Smolin.
Steve Murphy - rw.po: Added Kinyarwanda translation.
You can download this new version from: http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gcalctool/5.6/
[Although some of the ftp mirrors may take a little while to sync].