First release of the Elisa Media Center solution
Posted on: 07/11/2006 10:55 AM
Elisa Media Center solution has been released
The Elisa team is proud to announce the first 0.0.1 development release of the Elisa home multimedia system.First release of the Elisa Media Center solution
Elisa is a project to create an open source media center solution for GNU/Linux and Unix operating systems. Elisa runs on top of the GStreamer multimedia framework. In addition to personal video recorder functionality (PVR) and Music Jukebox support, Elisa will also interoperate with devices following the DLNA standard like Intel's ViiV systems.
The 0.0.x series is aimed at developers and early adopters with later releases targeting the wider user community. This particular release is mainly a technology preview aimed to show the current features and user interfaces of Elisa to enable us to get early feedback and input from the wider community. The APIs are subject to change very soon though.
Features of this release:
* Pictures, music, movies browsing and playback support
* Basic media operations (picture rotation, video navigation, ...)
* Partial interoperability with UPnP MediaServers
* OpenGL 1.3 rendering support
* Storage hotplug support using HAL and DBus (USB volumes,
* Web radios support
* Basic DVD playback
* Remote control support using LIRC
* Extensible plugin framework