First beta release of amaroK 1.3
Posted on: 06/07/2005 07:10 AM
Version 1.3-beta1 of the amaroK audio player has been released
Highlights of the amaroK 1.3 series:
* Wikipedia artist lookup, a revolutionary feature providing information from the free online encyclopedia.
* Redesigned sidebar, with improved look-and-feel.
* Automatic download of scripts and themes with KNewStuff.
* HelixPlayer engine.
* New Playlist Browser, powerful and easy to use.
* Cue file sheet support.
* Dynamic playlist mode.
* PostgreSQL database support.
* Much extended DCOP scripting interface.
* Multiple analyzer visualizations for the playlist window.
* Editable Smart Playlists.
ChangeLog relative to amaroK 1.2.4:
* Add Media dialog allows for multiple file selection. (BR 105903)
* The browser-sidebar has been redesigned for improved usability.
* Cue file sheet support. Patch from Martin Ehmke lt;email@example.com;.
* New OSD text token, %playcount, will write the playcount.
* SmartPlaylists are editable. (BR 91036)
* PlaylistBrowser gets a makeover!
* New playlist column "Playcount" for track play counts.
* New playlist column "Extension" allows easy sorting of playlist for
compatible file types for portable media players.
* Ability to save streams to the PlaylistBrowser (BR 91075, BR 104139)
* New DCOP call "playlist: popupMessage" Displays a popup message box
in the playlist window.
* New "year - album" - group by mode for collection browser. (BR 94845)
* New DCOP call "player: setScoreByPath(url, int)". Sets score of a tra
specified by it's path.
* New DCOP call "player: setScore(int)". Sets score of the current trac
* New DCOP call "player: path()". Returns the path of the current track.
* New DCOP call "playlist: saveM3u(path, relativePaths)".
* New ScriptManager notification: "volumeChange: int".
* Tooltips for album covers in the CoverManager. (BR 103996)
* Automatic download of themes and scripts via KNewStuff.
* Different analyzers available for the playlist window.
* New DCOP call "player: enableRepeatTrack" sets repeat track on or
* 'Load' and 'Append' entries for smart playlist context menus. (BR 992
* Support for reading embedded images from ID3 tags. (BR 88492)
* Wikipedia tab in ContextBrowser allows for artist biography retrieval
and more, supporting 9 different languages! (BR 98050) (BR 104383)
* Show "title by artist" on playlists titlebar and taskbar. (BR 97670)
* Option to show stats in the Home tab by album. Patch from C=C3=A9dric
* New DCOP call "script: listRunningScripts()". Returns a list of all
currently running scripts. (BR 102649)
* New DCOP call "script: stopScript(name)". Stops a script. (BR 102649)
* New DCOP call "script: runScript(name)". Runs a script. (BR 102649)
* New form of playlist manipulation - Dynamic Mode.
* New DCOP call "player: enableRepeatPlaylist" sets repeat playlist on
off. (BR 102754)
* Add Score widget into the tag editor. (BR 100084)
* Support for PostgreSQL as database backend. (BR 99863)
* "amarokscript" filename extension is now mandatory for script package
* Append Suggestions has been superceded by Dynamic Mode.
* Add a label (with shortcut) to the Playlist filter.
* Message box when saving of playlist failed (BR 105520)
* Avoid weird results when fetching lyrics with slow connections.
(BR 103561) (BR 101327)
* Compensate for reversed slider widget in reverse layout locales, such
Hebrew and Arabic. Patch from Assaf Gillat lt;firstname.lastname@example.org;.
* Playlist playMedia now works with streams.
* Context Browser is updated when current track's tags are changed.
* Clearing the playlist while playing a track does not lead to a confus
interface anymore. (BR 103510)
The amaroK team
amaroK is a soundsystem-independent audio-player for *nix. Its interface uses a powerful "browser" metaphor that allows you to create playlists that make the most of your music collection. We have a fast development-cycle and super-happy users. We also provide pensions and other employment-benefits.
"Easily the best media-player for Linux at the moment. Install it now!"
- Linux Format Magazine
IRC: irc.freenode.net #amarok