Posted on: 06/22/2007 10:51 AM
Empathy 0.8 is now available for download from:http://download.gnome.org/sources/empathy/0.8/
What is it?
Empathy consists of a rich set of reusable instant messaging widgets, and a GNOME client using those widgets. It uses Telepathy and Nokia's Mission Control, and reuses Gossip's UI. The main goal is to permit desktop integration by providing libempathy and libempathy-gtk libraries. libempathy-gtk is a set of powerful widgets that can be embeded into any GNOME application.
Where can I find out more?
You can visit the project web site:http://live.gnome.org/Empathy
- Fixed contact list handling.
- Make use of NetworkManager to set presence to OFFLINE when we are
disconnected and restore presence once we are reconnected.
- UI for searching in conversation history and to view all
conversations with a given contact.
- Do not use 2 different processes (empathy and empathy-chat), merge
them into one client. This is easier for debugging and share data.
- Do not create log directory for a chat if there is no messages to put
- Do not set active contacts when creating the store, and when contact
- Fix warning when using command-line options.
- Ignore ssl errors by default. This is needed to connect jabber
accounts using ssl.
- Adding spellcheck support using aspell.
- Lots of bugs fixed.
- Fixed #445859, Add Smooth scrolling to chat view. (Raphael Slinckx)
- Fixed #446161, Unable to generate pot file (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #447178, crash on Add to Favorites (Xavier Claessens)
- Fixed #447659, Salut protocol icons (Michael Monreal)
- Updated ja: Takeshi AIHANA
- Updated dz: Pema Geyleg
- Updated pl: Tomasz Dominikowski
- Updated es: Jorge Gonzalez
- Updated hu: Gabor Kelemen
21 June 2007