Posted on: 05/26/2007 08:47 AM
Empathy 0.5 is now available for download from:http://download.gnome.org/sources/empathy/0.5/
What is it?
Empathy consists of a rich set of reusable instant messaging widgets, and a GNOME client using those widgets. It uses Telepathy and Nokia's Mission Control, and reuses Gossip's UI. The main goal is to permit desktop integration by providing libempathy and libempathy-gtk libraries. libempathy-gtk is a set of powerful widgets that can be embeded into any GNOME application.
Empathy homepage: http://live.gnome.org/Empathy
- Do not highlight groups when adding them in the roster.
- Do not create new GossipContact object in presence/avatar/alias
changed signal if we don't already know that contact from a contact list
channel. This should fix DBus max pending calls limit reached in some cases.
- New icon for empathy-new-message, empathy-group-message and empathy-proto-irc.
- Chatroom support. New objects: GossipNewChatroomDialog,
- If we are offline do not set away on idle. If we are already away restore to available when we are no mode idle. Do no modify status message.
- Fixed message displaying with fancy themes.
- Many bugs fixed.
25 May 2007