Ekiga 2.0.4 released
Posted on: 01/22/2007 01:57 PM
This is an update of Ekiga 2.0. Ekiga 2.0.5 will probably be released for the next version of GNOME.
* What is it ?
Ekiga is a free Voice over IP softphone allowing you to do free calls over the Internet.
Ekiga is the first Open Source application to support both H.323 and SIP, as well as audio and video. Ekiga was formerly known as GnomeMeeting.
More information can be found at http://www.ekiga.org
* Where to get it ?
Ekiga is available at:ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/ekiga/2.0
* What's changed ?
- Fixed corruption due to real UTF-8 chars causing the config file not
to be parsed correctly in the --disable-gnome and WIN32 releases.
- Fixed bug when introducing a new ekiga.net account through the druid
which was ignored. (Damien Sandras)
- Added "chat" to the context menu of the calls history component. (Jan
- URL bar entry gets focus and marked on Ctrl-L. (Jan Schampera,
- Allow the connect button to take the focus. (Damien Sandras, #380040)
- Prevent progress dialogs to be destroyed before the processing is
finished. (Damien Sandras, #390359)
- Do not stop displaying stats when rejecting an incoming call while a
call is already active. Display the number of missed calls at the end of
each call. (Damien Sandras, #369339)
- Prevent an user without VoIP URL to be displayed with the VoIP URL
from another user when browsing an LDAP directory. (Damien Sandras,
- Fixed broken "Call Contact" menu item in the address book. (Damien
- Show the main window before presenting the alert explaining that Ekiga
is already running. (Damien Sandras, #342560)
Devices Plugins :
- Fixed possible crash on hangup with "Media patch thread not
terminated" message using the SUN Audio plugin. (Brian Lu)
- Fixed initialization of the SUN Audio plugin. (#361646, Brian Lu)
- Fixed bad output sound with the ALSA plugin on some soundcards.
(#358338, Stelian Pop)
- Fixed possible crash when detecting video devices. (#376078, Damien
- Fixed possible crash using MJPEG/JPEG webcams. (Luc Saillard, #333311)
- Fixed possible crash when detecting ALSA devices with incorrect
permissions. (Damien Sandras, #328753)
- Added auto-detection of the realm from the challenge response.
(#359101, Damien Sandras)
- Fixed possible crash due to race conditions while accessing the
transactions dictionary. (#367982)
- Only play the dial tone when receiving a "180 Ringing" response.
Prevent the first 0.5 second of the received media stream from being cut
off. (#365609 and #345765, Damien Sandras)
- Prevent crash when receiving malformed response PDUs. (#379801, Damien
- Ignore RTP packets if the stream was established with a different
codec than the one Ekiga is receiving. (Damien Sandras, #389988)
- Added DNS based realm comparison as fallback to fix problems with
broken SIP proxies. (Damien Sandras, #377346)
- When several accounts are registered to the same services provider,
use the default one among them (if any) as outgoing identity. (Damien
- Only use the default account as outgoing identity if it is enabled.
(Damien Sandras, #361329)
- Do not use new UDP ports when authenticating an INVITE. (Damien
- Fixed possible crash when doing H.323 calls. (#361765, #362480,
#361680, Craig Southeren)
- Fixed RFC2833 DTMFs. (#347177, Hannes Friederich)
- Keep the same listener interface on IP addresses change after a
restart. (Damien Sandras)
- Fixed possible crash using cached DNS information. (Damien Sandras,