The third release candidate of the new Debian 7.0 installer has been released
The Debian Installer team is pleased to announce the third (and
hopefully last) release candidate of the installer for Debian 7.0
Improvements in this release of the installer
* finish-install: enable espeakup support in the installed system
if speech synthesis was used during the installation process
* grub2/os-prober: add entries for Windows Boot Manager found via
* kmod: correctly parse kernel command-line parameters containing
a dot (#689872).
Hardware support changes
* debian-installer: include virtio-modules for sparc platforms
* udev: no longer blacklist the lxfb module, needed for OLPC XO
* 73 languages are supported in this release.
* Full translation for 57 of them.
Known issues in this release
* Installation of GRUB bootloader may fail if more than one disk
device is available. The errata page mentions two workarounds.
* Desktop installations on i386 do not work using CD#1 alone. This
isn't a problem on amd64 since the latter contains fewer linux
* Potential issues with UEFI booting on amd64.
* Erroneous firmware prompt with some Intel Wireless cards.
* Missing beep at installer startup.
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please
try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are
available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this
on behalf of the Debian Installer Team