The Debian Installer team is pleased to announce the third beta release
of the installer for Debian 7.0 "Wheezy".
* Full IPv6 support during the installation process.
* UEFI support (see "hardware changes" below).
* Most of Gnome fits onto CD#1 again (network-less installation).
* LXDE and Xfce now live on separate images.
Improvements in this release of the installer
- Speech synthesis: add support for more languages (#684473).
- GNU/kFreeBSD: Fix broken kfreebsd-9 CD graphical install menu
- GNU/kFreeBSD: Tweak memory settings to fix the graphical
- Artwork: Update to use the official Debian logo, which has a
suitable license now.
- Install wheezy by default instead of sid on armhf and s390x.
* apt-cdrom: Fix download of all description translations (#678227).
* apt-cdrom: Fix issues with multi-arch CD-ROMs.
* busybox: Include ping and ping6.
* cdebconf: Enumerate choices horizontally for speech synthesis (#682538).
* efi-reader: Build on amd64 and i386.
* fonts-samyak: Fix misrendered spaces for several Indian
* isc-dhcp: Fix several security issues (#686174).
* libdebian-installer: Add "efi" as a subarchitecture for
amd64 and i386.
* localechooser: Improve charset support for bare Linux console and for
network-console installations (#677931).
* localechooser: Stop ignoring non-ASCII country names (#687249).
* lowmem: Update limits.
* netcfg: Add full IPv6 support.
* netcfg: Map localhost to ::1 as well as 127.0.0.1 (#686970).
Hardware support changes
* Add EFI support for 64-bit PCs (amd64), allowing installation in
EFI mode instead of using the legacy BIOS. This does *not* include
any support for UEFI Secure Boot -- that will come later.
* 73 languages are supported in this release.
* Full translation for 57 of them.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please
try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are
available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this