The Debian Installer team is pleased to announce the second beta release
of the installer for Debian 7.0 "Wheezy".
Improvements in this release of the installer
* espeakup: Fix voice path according to multiarch switch (#682313). This
fixes the failure to switch languages.
* grub-installer: Fix /proc mounting code to use linprocfs on GNU/kFreeBSD
(#613430). This fixes the failure to find a GRUB device on those systems.
* mountmedia: Fix hang due to trying to mount extended partitions (#683849).
* linux kernel: Updated from 3.2.21-3 to 3.2.23-1.
- List available ESSIDs (#637128).
- Improve support for s390 and s390x.
- Fix ext4 support.
- Fix timeout-related crashes on sparc (Niagara - sun4v).
- Fix qcontrol/LED/beeper support on arm.
- Fix persistent-net-generator on s390 and s390x.
- Switch to the 'Joy' theme.
- Default to the graphical installation for all kernels.
* xserver-xorg-input-mouse: Fix crash on GNU/kFreeBSD (#683849).
Hardware support changes
- Support for reading hardware model from Device Tree (armel).
- Add Dreamplug device (Kirkwood).
* linux kernel: Add support for r8169 on mipsel.
* s390x support should be working fine now (#681760).
* 73 languages are supported in this release.
* Full translation for 57 of them.
Known issues in this release
* CD1 without a network mirror isn't sufficient to install a full
* Network issues when installing a desktop over a wireless connection
See the errata for details and a full list of known issues.
Feedback for this release
We need your help to find bugs and further improve the installer, so please
try it. Installer CDs, other media and everything else you will need are
available at our web site.
The Debian Installer team thanks everybody who has contributed to this