Dawn Small Linux 2.1
Posted on: 01/11/2006 11:03 PM
Dawn Small Linux 2.1 has been released:
Damn Small is small enough and smart enough to do the following things:
- Boot from a business card CD as a live linux distribution (LiveCD)
- Boot from a USB pen drive
- Boot from within a host operating system (that's right, it can run *inside* Windows)
- Run very nicely from an IDE Compact Flash drive via a method we call "frugal install"
- Transform into a Debian OS with a traditional hard drive install
- Run light enough to power a 486DX with 16MB of Ram
- Run fully in RAM with as little as 128MB (you will be amazed at how fast your computer can be!)
- Modularly grow -- DSL is highly extendable without the need to customize
Change log for 2.1
01. New SATA boot time support (see boot time f3)
02. New Icontool GUI controls many icon features.
03. New docked.lua - Lua dock apps - mount and dMix replace mount.app and
04. New mount.lua - Lua GUI disk mount tool.
05. New dMix = Lua GUI sound mixer.
06. New ucitool.lua - Lua GUI lists UCI mounts allows easy deinstall of
07. New Torsmo replaces asmem, wmcpuload, wmnet to better support both
08. New Ted replaces Flwriter.
09. New .xpdfrc - to support direct printing from Xpdf.
09. New links - Lua links download wrapper.
10. New added Thai keyboard support.
12. Updated xtdesk improved dragging when double click enabled.
13. Updated busybox - new commands, dpkg, mknod, rpm, rpm2cpio, time,
uuencode and large file support.
14. Update filetool.lua GUI - added NONE option to skip backup/restore.
15. Update wordview.lua GUI - added file chooser for *.doc.
16. Update System Stats GUI - added more views and better font.
17. Updated Calendar - supports year and full page printing Calendar.
18. Update pendrive_usb install scripts - optionally display all sd type
19. Updated extended ramdisk to use swap only if not using 'toram' option.
20. Updated formula for better use of ram when using 'toram' option.
21. Updated fluxter.bb for new default display in fluxbox.
22. Updated .bash_profile for user 'dsl' at runlevel 3.
23. Updated man - now uses wget/less instead of links.
24. Updated USB 2.0 boot time support fixed typo.
25. Updated jwm menu - added missing tools section and general cleanup.
26. Updated scripts for restarting xtdesk icon manager.
27. Updated boot error when trying to boot dsl embedded via cdrom.
28. Updated Mountpoint function to correctly handle multiple mounts of the
29. Updated umounting UCI type extensions while running Fluxbox.
30. Updated emelfm - icons would appear even when 'noicons' was choosen.
31. Moved DSL version number to System Stats.Download