Damn Small Linux v4.2RC1
Posted on: 12/11/2007 04:52 PM
Damn Small Linux v4.2RC1 has been released
Damn Small is small enough and smart enough to do the following things:Damn Small Linux v4.2RC1
Boot from a business card CD as a live linux distribution (LiveCD)
Boot from a USB pen drive
Boot from within a host operating system (that's right, it can run *inside* Windows)
Run very nicely from an IDE Compact Flash drive via a method we call "frugal install"
Transform into a Debian OS with a traditional hard drive install
Run light enough to power a 486DX with 16MB of Ram
Run fully in RAM with as little as 128MB (you will be amazed at how fast your computer can be!)
Modularly grow -- DSL is highly extendable without the need to customize
Change log for v4.2RC1
* New mtpaint replaces xpaint.
* New folder for better support of Visual Styles for JWM .jwmrc-theme and downloadable themes.
* New setTheme.lua, drag-n-drop or double click application style.
* New folder for better support of backgrounds, downloadable "DSL Classics"
* Updated wallpaper.lua, drag-n-drop or double click application style.
* Improved support for JWM keybindings with .jwmrc-keys
* Improved support for battey names in torsmo, fetched from /proc
* Fixed "?" icon to open "Getting Started"
* Updated iconViewer for mtpaint change.
* 21 icons have been changed, updated, or replaced.
* Updated /opt/.dfmext with more associations.
* Cleanup of usused files, modules, and directories (pnp xfs)