Damn Small Linux v4.0rc3
Posted on: 09/04/2007 12:16 PM
Damn Small Linux v4.0rc3 has been released
DSL is a very versatile 50MB mini desktop oriented Linux distribution.Download
Damn Small is small enough and smart enough to do the following things:
Boot from a business card CD as a live linux distribution (LiveCD)
Boot from a USB pen drive
Boot from within a host operating system (that's right, it can run *inside* Windows)
Run very nicely from an IDE Compact Flash drive via a method we call "frugal install"
Transform into a Debian OS with a traditional hard drive install
Run light enough to power a 486DX with 16MB of Ram
Run fully in RAM with as little as 128MB (you will be amazed at how fast your computer can be!)
Modularly grow -- DSL is highly extendable without the need to customize
Change log for DSL v4.0rc3
* Added taskbar buttons click to focus in .jwmrc
* Corrected rdesktop icon to rdesktop.lua
* Added emelfm - dropped mc
* Updated association for *.gz
* Created new Standard Boot floppy PCMCIA modules floppy.
* Updated getman/man url
* Restored SCSI modules - corrected cdrecord
* Updated .torsmo_ip to fetch ethernet device from /proc
* Updated pendrive_usbhdd script to prompt for boot options.