Damn Small Linux 3.1 RC1
Posted on: 08/24/2006 10:49 PM
Damn Small Linux 3.1 RC1 has been released
Damn Small is small enough and smart enough to do the following things:Damn Small Linux 3.1 RC1
Boot from a business card CD as a live linux distribution (LiveCD)
Boot from a USB pen drive
Boot from within a host operating system (that's right, it can run *inside* Windows)
Run very nicely from an IDE Compact Flash drive via a method we call "frugal install"
Transform into a Debian OS with a traditional hard drive install
Run light enough to power a 486DX with 16MB of Ram
Run fully in RAM with as little as 128MB (you will be amazed at how fast your computer can be!)
Modularly grow -- DSL is highly extendable without the need to customize
Change log for DSL-3.1RC1
1. Edited .fluxbox menu. Configuration s/b Fluxbox Configuration
2. Added License section to "Getting Started" document
3. Cleanup code regarding DESKTOP ICONS
4. Update stats.lua to read version from text file.
5. Added firefox adjustments for unionfs
6. Made unionfs the default boot. Use "legacy" option to skip.
7. Cleanup more /var/tmp to /tmp
8. Updated sqlite to 3.3.6
9. Made mydsl boot option consistent with restore boot option.
Specifying the option will skip autodetection for faster boot
10. Enhanced exitcheck to warn if no backup device when requested to save special settings.
11. Added murgaLua Lua/Fltk development toolkit
12. Enhanced .torsmorc for ACPI battery indicator