Damn Small Linux 2.4
Posted on: 05/16/2006 12:43 PM
Damn Small Linux 2.4 has been released
DSL is a very versatile 50MB mini desktop oriented Linux distribution.Download
Damn Small is small enough and smart enough to do the following things:
Boot from a business card CD as a live linux distribution (LiveCD)
Boot from a USB pen drive
Boot from within a host operating system (that's right, it can run *inside* Windows)
Run very nicely from an IDE Compact Flash drive via a method we call "frugal install"
Transform into a Debian OS with a traditional hard drive install
Run light enough to power a 486DX with 16MB of Ram
Run fully in RAM with as little as 128MB (you will be amazed at how fast your computer can be!)
Modularly grow -- DSL is highly extendable without the need to customize
Change Log for DSL v2.4
1. 64 cloops for UCI extensions.
2. "User"-less UCI now fully supported.
3. Added Tiny C compiler, tcc
4. Added rsync
5. Added Lua cgi library, cgi.lua with sample test.html/test.lua
6. New updated Ted wordprocessor with help from Ted's author.
7. New updated ndiswrapper v1.14.
8. Improved dmix and sound features, dual channel and save settings.
9. Improved man program - now uses Netrik text browser for display.
10. Adjustment in .xinitrc to better support foreign language keyboards.
11. More cleanup for space savings to accomodate upgraded software.